POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoPOV - second build : Re: PoPOV - second build Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoPOV - second build
From: ABX
Date: 23 Oct 2002 09:02:58
Message: <ik6druo1klvj3cqfsnns7dvugik9hv4sti@4ax.com>
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:47:54 -0400, "Greg M. Johnson" <gregj:-)565### [at] aolcom>
wrote:
> Perhaps especially for a text-based SDL. I suppose one could write a program
> which has a GUI where you click & drag your spline points and their control
> points.

Ingo recently made such addition for GIMP. Look for his post on 06.10.2002 in
povray.general.

> I envision a system (INC or patch) where you have a table, with clock values
> 0 to 1 on one axis and on the other,  the x,y,z of say two dozen
> vectors(representing translations & rotations).   Then you just type in the
> values you're interested in,  and somebody turns all of them into a smoothly
> flowing function of the clock over the places where your table is blank.

I probably not understand You becouse from what I read in your wish is
basically what splines exactly do. You write clock values and vectors and then
spline represents smoothly flowing function of the clock.

> ABX:
> Could you humour me with the results when one has a spline of:
> > >  #declare S=spline{0.110 , x  0.151,y , 0.92 , z};

Sorry, I can't recognize meaning and intentions of above with my poor English
:-(    and I don't understand why you have changed content in quoted text.
You don't know what above is ? It is linear spline with two segments.

> Q: Do you mind being called ABX?

Since I use it for domains, emails and for posting ...

ABX